Mystery rainbow wigged protesters toss clown noses at Ahamadinejad
The walk-out, front view
President Obama weighs in
Ahmadinejad’s reaction to walk-out
True Face of UN – Previous Ahmadinejad Speech
Summary of Durban II Ahmadinejad Speech & World Reaction
Notes taken while listening to Dejected Megalomaniacs on Arutz Sheva with Malkah & Yishai Fleisher.
- At least 30 countries including all EU countries left until Ahmadinejad’s speech was over.
- The BBC said it was a PR disaster for the UN.
- The Czech Republic left permanently.
- Those who remained applauded his remarks.
- According to Yishai Fleisher, a well known professor of Middle Eastern studies that he spoke with said the speech was a PR disaster for UN and Ahmadinejad. He was supposed to look cool and level-headed instead of a like nut. Instead, the opposite happened.
- He received a hero’s welcome when returned to Iran. Supporters who met him at the airport chanted “Death to Israel”.
- A Swiss lady from Geneva, who participated in an organized demonstration against Ahmadinejad at Durban II, was interviewed on the show. She reported that at the end of the conference, only 6 representatives remained, mainly Arab representatives. This question comes up at about 17:22.
Some nations who’s delegates participated in walk-out
5. Czech – left permanently
23. St. Kitts & Nevis
24. United Kingdom
Nations who boycotted the conference completely
Source: The Huffington Post